Using Dark Paladin to farm Espa Roba can be pretty quick and simple, and doesn't require character exclusive skills. Once you summon him, you only need to negate his 1 Tribute to The Doomed. Afterwards, you simply need to just pass the turn until the last turn where you perform the standard Vassal combo.
You will need at least 1 Dark Paladin to be able to use this deck. This is so that you can negate Espa Roba's Tribute to The Doomed. He also doesn't have any monster that can go over Dark Paladin's attack, unless he uses Gravity Blaster, then you'll need to destroy that monster, even if you lose the "effect damage only" bonus. You only need 1 other special summonable monster with at least 1750 attack to get Vassal to reach 10,000 with double Union Attack. (2900 + 1750) x 2 = 9300 + 700 (Vassal's attack) = 10,000.
You will need to bring some Dark Magician and Buster Blader's in the deck. This helps make sure that you get them early on in the duel, and getting at least 1 with a fusion substitute monster is already enough for Dark Paladin. You can change/replace some copies of them for more Blue Dragon Summoner, or King of the Swamp, but it is recommended that you at least bring 2 of each in the deck.
Blue Dragon Summoner is used to defend you from attacks, as well as getting Dark Magician from your deck. King of the Swamp is a good fusion substitute monster that you can bring multiple copies of, since it can also help with thinning your deck. Beastking can be replaced with any other fusion sub, or to other draw cards like Crystal Seer / Jar of Greed.
Deal the finishing blow using the standard Vassal combo, which is to summon him on last turn, and use Secret Pass to the Treasures, and some Union Attack. Just make sure that you don't negate your own spell cards by activating Dark Paladin's effect during the setup. Against Espa Roba, you will have to bring Anti-Magic Arrows to make sure that your Vassal's attack will get through. Otherwise, he will can negate your attack with Pulse Mines.
To get the most out of Vassal, make sure that you don't deal any kind of battle damage to Espa Roba. This is so you can get victory through "effect damage only," which will give a higher score.
1) Elemental Hero Woodsman (SR)
- 2000 DEF means it can act as a wall if Espa Roba hasn't summoned Jinzo yet
- synergizes well with "Substitute Fusion materials" in your deck to easily summon E-Hero Terra Firma with 2500 ATK (beware of Pulse Mines though)
- high DEF means it can wall and survive a turn, enabling the player a guaranteed Polymerization card the next turn
- (minus) 1 card count advantage when drawing Fusion spell to prevent Espa Roba decking out first
- for Skill-specific decks, it can be searched with Draw Sense: Earth, together with Buster Blader (and Earth Hex Fusion as well)
2) Fusion Sage
- for optimal results, use 3:1 ratio of Polymerization to this card
- while Fusion Gate and Fusion Recycling Plant can both consistently search for a Fusion spell, Fusion Sage excels at -1 card count, preventing Espa Roba from decking out first
3) 2x, instead of 3x Buster Blader is decent, and manageable enough.
When espa roba using tribute to the doom and targeting my dark paladin, there is no effect activation button to cancel tribute to the doom's effect, it's just straight destroyed my dark paladin. Is that a glitch?
Brain Control can't be used on Dark Paladin. He won't activate Gravity Blaster because the boost it gives still won't be enough to beat Paladin, so he won't try. (Unless he happens to have Pulse Mines set to switch your monster into Defense. But this is a rare occurrence. And even if it does happen, you can still negate it.)
GameA isn't all that great, but you need to get your game on too.
Anonymous 17days ago
It's consistent enough, but for some fucking reason I keep getting bad starting hands and bad draws against this green haired cunt! Restart ain't helping shit. And for some other random reason he starts with Gravity Blaster, making shit more complicated for no reason!