To all you new players out there:
If you've just started playing this game, go for Spellbook (Visions of Ice mini box) or Fur Hire (Clash of Wings mini box) deck.
1. They can be built fully from their own box (even the backrow),
2. They are both tier 1 (KoG worthy) decks, and (most importantly)
3. They are way cheaper than other, main box meta decks, meaning - you can literally build them in their final form within a week of starting out at level 1 and will save you a whole lot of gems you can later use for newer meta decks that come out.
Tips for quick levelling and gems:
1. you will start off with about 1800 gems; use them in the above mentioned box of your choice and boost your DM level to 8 as quick as possible and go to all Loaner Deck Duel and 2-star quizes in Dueling School to earn 1500-2000 gems,
2. unlock GX world as soon as possible,
3. do level up missions simultaneously in both worlds and never level up to the next level until you've dueled all duelists that have spawned; remember that you can help yourself finish a level in one world by spawning duelists from levelling up reward from the other world,
4. keep buying from that same box you've chosen until you've hit all the SR cards, then reset and go for 2nd/3rd copies,
5. boost your DM level to 13 as soon as possible and do all 3-star quizes to earn another load of gems
6. make sure to collect promotional event and login rewards since you can obtain gems and SR/UR card tickets.
Once you've reached this stage I'm certain you will be able to handle things on your own.
Hey guys, i kind of like to play a Nephthys deck (the sacred one) and i kind of still farming for the rest of the cards i want...i already have 2 nephthys, and 1 super rush and sadly no goka, S kuribohs as of now... I kind of want to know which type of build and skill goes better with which... I hate the meta flowing players, so building a non meta but competetive deck. I am a relatively new player so any help would count. P.S. I tried the sylvans back in the day before the nerfs...and bored me.
What about goka? Feels like everyone has that (multiple copies) in their nephtys deck and it is trapped in a big box that is still pretty full for me. I want to finish building the deck, but is it worth spending so many gems with all of the other stuff now?
Not at all.
Also, I speak from my heart - I've cried myself to sleep for weeks after realizing my favorite deck has gone down in flames - literally and metaphorically.
I also built my deck Nephthys deck long after Dawn of Destiny was the latest box, so I feel like I can relate.
Mayor 9days ago
Is my toon deck trash? If so how can i make it better? Thanks guys
It's basically stall but with a win con
Hey guys, I started playing a few days ago and wanted to know if any of you could give me advises a Dark Magician deck (arkana/yugi) but this site has his information really out dated on those decks.
Here is what im using atm :
Blue Dragon Summoner is from the Card Trader. Legion the Fiend Jester is from Flame of the Tyrant mini-box. Dark Magic Attack is a level up reward from Yami Yugi. Thousand Knives is dropped by Yami Yugi at the game. You should also look into Magician's Rod (Arkana's level reward), Dark Magic Curtain (Arkana's level reward), and Ancient Rules (Mokuba's level reward) too.
The best advice I can give you is to not waste time with building a Dark Magician deck since it's not competitive in PvP and requires things from very old boxes (e.g. Legion, Peten), which will hinder your competitiveness in PvP long term.
MrDaisy 2days ago
hey guys, i have been playing for long time now... got few characters maxed level but i am facing problem with leveling Jaden Yuki tried many different decks but still keep losing more than winning.. can anyone share a good Jaden Deck
I could recommend using a random meta deck, but that's obviously not what you're going for since you specified it.
So, then, it depends - do you have access to any good E-HERO fusion monsters (the ones from Valiant Souls or Burning Nova)?
You could also use a control deck with Where the Heroes Dwell skill (lvl 4s accompanied by WoD, Mirror Wall, etc.) if you have the necessary traps.
CJ Mofo 10days ago
Anything you would suggest/change? Would like to get your opinion in this deck
It's so messy I don't even know where to start. It looks to me you are just putting in all the water beaters and staple spell and traps that you have. If you are beginner then I can relate. Just play more get more cards and focus on 1/2 strategy.
Your deck seems like a whole clusterfuck, so some tips for the deck:
1) Focus on 1-2 cards, make those cards your win-condition. Eg: Hammershark into board swarm or get Levia-Dragon - Daedalus for field nuke etc.
2) See if your cards have synergy with each other.
3) And don't play 1 copy of each random card. Focus on your win-con and play 2-3 copies of important cards only.
Love those cards the could be useful but need more support for them
Ryan 13days ago
Ok, this may be a stupid question, but I see all these deck suggestions and even play against decks in PVP that have 2 or 3 copies of cards that I can only have one of. Ex. I have 3 Silent Magicians (the EX kind), but it will only let me put one in my deck. Then I battled someone in PVP and they used 3. Why can’t I? Same thing with Wonder Wand, I have 3 copies of it, but can only put one in my deck. Meanwhile, I see another PVP duelist use 3 Wonder Wands. Am I missing something or just stupid? Lol!