I think I understand how the updated Balance skill works now. You are given a percentage of the type of cards that will go in your starting hand. So let's say you have a 20 card deck with 15 monsters and 5 spells. That means you have a 75% chance of obtaining a monster card and a 25% chance of obtaining a spell card. Unlike the old balance skill, where this setup gives you 100% chance of having 3 monster cards and 100% chance of having 1 spell card, this change means you have more randomness and your deck will no longer be as consistent as it used to.
That kinda sucks tbh. Haha
Multiple tests I did showed high level of randomness for 4th card, lower for 3rd card, minimal for 2nd card and almost non existent for 1st card. One would think that by running 14 monsters in a CA deck you would get one monster hand with a high chance of 2. However after about 39 duels got several hands of 1 monster and 3 spells. By 60+ got a full spell hand with a monster on the top of deck.
Considering that I just came to the ironic (but expected)conclusion that balance is now way too imbalanced to be trusted as an skill. I'd recommend it only for handless decks or similar stuff that play mixed monsters, spells and traps since it is almost guaranteed that you will get 1 monster at some point of the 1st or second turn (rarely).
Main character got skill that can fuse whatever the fck they want. Eg: Yugi fuse his Golden Mammoth with Kaiba BEUD so Kaiba can't attack with it and get 1000 dmg per turn. Get your fact straight. Rofl
Yugi cheating with Destiny Draw is fine imo. My favorite part was in his duel against Mako, when he attacked his own Mysterious Moon (that stayed on the field when the equipped monster was destroyed) with his Stone Soldier, causing Umi to return to Makos half of the field, causing his monsters to strand on the now dry field, get destroyed and make Mako lose the duel. That is some cheating bs xD
Yeah its super dif from the actual card game we play but if you watch the original season zero Yu-Gi-Oh you would notice that fields and field spells are actually a huge part of the game. So I feel like after watching season zero it kind of makes sense a little bit more.
You all act like he has 13 different skills, its actually called BS plot armor. Didnt he even get the physical manifestation of plot armor in capsule monsters
Anonymous No. 2
In the revamped Balance skill - is the 4th card always random or can you predetermine that one too, e.g. by having 12 monsters, 6 spells and 6 traps, so that you always get 2 monsters, 1 spell and 1 trap?
We use balance to improve consistency. And apparently konami's smart peoples don't like it. So they nerfed it so that even with 12 6 6 it's still don't guarantee your opening hand MST ratio. It's a "balance" skill that don't guarantee opening band's balance.
Konami is smart. Don't complain.
Anyone know what exactly was nerfed? It seems to work pratically the same way as it always has.
Where did u find that explanation?
Because I've never seen that
I'm pretty sure the skill considers the lvl of the monsters too. With this deck I have one or sometimes even both Augustus in my starting hand in 19/20 duels (I counted). This cannot be just a coincidence.
dude i use pegasus and have 2 augustus in my deck, and i swear that i draw him in my starting hand at least 60% of the time, sometimes even both copies.
It can't just be a coincidence because it happens all the time.